Catholic Employers have presented the union with their proposed terms of settlement for a new Enterprise Agreement for Catholic school staff, which we believe represents a fair and reasonable settlement of all outstanding matters.
These terms include;
- A different package for personal/carer’s leave which allows for uncapped accrual and greater flexibility to access your leave
- New parental leave benefits
- An earlier wage increase in 2016 for general employees
- No change to your meal breaks without your express agreement
- A move to a structure that supports you to transition to the standards
- No change to promotions positions
When finalised, the agreement will ensure consistent core conditions apply for all of our staff and that your workplace arrangements and entitlements reflect the realities of what it means to work in a school today.
Employers have asked the union to respond by 10 April and welcome any opportunity to discuss the proposed terms with them prior to this date.
Once the terms are agreed, employers and the union will work together to draft the final agreement which you will have the opportunity to review in full prior to a vote.