Employers and the union met for a full day meeting on Monday 23 February to continue enterprise agreement negotiations.
While a range of matters were discussed a further negotiating meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 3 March.
Catholic employers believe that enterprise agreement negotiations need to be concluded as soon as possible and have established the following timeframe to achieve this outcome:
- 23 February – The union notified employers that all their outstanding items for discussion have now been provided.
- 3 March – A further negotiation meeting is scheduled with the union to discuss the outstanding matters.
- 3 – 20 March – Additional meetings will be held with the union as agreed to finalise outstanding issues.
- 31 March – Employers to provide the union and staff with a comprehensive proposed final terms of settlement at the end of Term 1.
- When the Agreement is voted on and approved by the Fair Work Commission, pay increases and back payments will be flowed through to staff.
Throughout the negotiations, Catholic employers have discussed at length with the union about how to create an agreement that staff, employers and the union supports.
We will provide you with a clear and factual proposal on 31 March which will outline the proposed key changes to the new agreement which you can discuss with your Catholic Education/Schools Office.
In the interim, Catholic employers will continue to bargain in good faith with the union and work to achieving a resolution that we can all support.